English Tests

If the Department of Home Affairs requires that you show evidence of English proficiency as part of your visa application, you may take a test at any of the English examination providers below:

People who hold passports from Canada, USA, United Kingdom, Ireland, or New Zealand are exempt from this requirement.

The following table shows each different test’s scores to be deemed to have either Vocational, Competent, Proficient, or Superior English.

This table is current as at 1 March 2019.